iNet_forum_header_100112
Canon USA
New Contributor
BrianLWinklerLL

What and where is the "WPS access point" reqired to use wifi for the MX432 printer

What and where is the "WPS access point" button required to set up wifi for the MX432 printer

Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Michael

Re: What and where is the "WPS access point" reqired to use wifi for the MX432 printer

Hello BrianLWinklerLL.

If your router is WPS-Ready, the WPS button would be located on your router itself.

If your router does not have a clearly marked 'WPS' button, please use the CD with your computer to perform the standard wireless installation.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richrd0001

Re: What and where is the "WPS access point" reqired to use wifi for the MX432 printer

I connected my MX452 to the internet then used the setup disk to install the printer on a new laptop. 

Software went thru routine to establish WiFi connection, including the "Press WPS button" instruction.
  There is no such button on my router.

AI alowed installation to proceed but no wireless connection was detected.  "Redetect" option failed to find connection.

What can I do now, please?  I made a connection on my last laptop without using a USB cable.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jbjwallace

My WPS button is on my the back of my router (blue button)
with out any name, just there
Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Ramona

Hi richrd0001,

What type of router do you have?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LindaW

What a simple answer!  Why didn't my instruction book tell me.  I have been using a wired connection ever since I got my new computer about a year ago. That you very, very, much!

Please use plain text.