iNet_forum_header_100112
Canon USA
New Contributor
HollyB

Error E161-4050

I was setting up my brand new IPF 6450 last night and during the initial ink charging process, I received an Error E161-4050 message and cannot do anything else.  It was after hours so I couldn't call Canon.  I send an email to tech support but haven't heard back. 

Has this happened to anyone or does anyone know what the cause might be? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Spectator

Re: Error E161-4050

There is no such an error in the service manual. At least mine did not have it. But it looks like related to an ink supply to a printhead. I would try to launch '' ink tube replacement procedure''

Most wide format Canons programmed this way.

Start machine. As soon as you see carriage moved out of it's home position , unplug it. (I mean unplug it , do not use soft button on the control panel)

It will leave carriage unlocked. Move carriage out by hand, remove print head. close everything back.

Remove all ink cartridges. Start the printer. And then just follow instructions on the display.This way you can drive ink into the printhead strongest way that is available. Printhead cleaning only 30% of the suction power compaire to this   method.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Spectator

Re: Error E161-4050

P.S . If this doesn't help. There is a problem with the purge unit.And it has to be replaced.

Please use plain text.