iNet_forum_header_100112
Canon USA
New Contributor
JerryButorac

Memory card error

Out of nowhere, I came up with a memory card error on my canon power shot sx 200 is. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

Please use plain text.
Reputable Contributor
hsbn

Re: Memory card error

If there is nothing in the card, you can try to reformat the card inside the camera.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog
Please use plain text.
JS
New Contributor
JS

brand new Power Shot elph 115 Bundle  out of box...MEMORY CARD ERROR (Dane Elec sdhc).  Camera format did not work.  Old SD card worked to take a few mother's day pix.  Why would bundled card not work in new camera ???? 

Please use plain text.
Reputable Contributor
hsbn

Like all items, some of them are dead on arrival. It's pretyt normal and it could be manufacture error, defective product, shipping and/or packing damage, etc...If it is new, you can exchange for another one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog
Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Richard

Hi JerryButorac,

As Hsbn mentioned, if you've saved your images and movies to your computer, I'd recommend formatting the memory card.  If you're unable to do this, I recommend trying a second memory card.  If the memory card error persists unfortunately, your camera will require repair.

You may set up camera repair by clicking here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
4vrCanon

The best (most dependable, error free) Memory cards are Sandisk brand.. Off the wall brands are iffy at best. Recommonded are name brand cards.

----------------------------------------------------------
There is no picture without light and shadow.
Please use plain text.