11-06-2013 08:01 AM
Just bought the MG3222. Printer works but it will not scan. I have a 'hard" connection (not using wireless..) Have turned it on and off.. Changed the USB port I was using.. NOThING. HELP! When I push "scan" it lights up with two little lines rotating but nothing happens, it just turns back to a "1" after 10 seconds.
11-06-2013 09:19 AM
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
12-31-2013 12:35 PM
The printer will need to be selected in the IJ Scan Utility program to scan using the buttons on the operation panel of the printer. To ensure that the printer is selected, please follow these steps:
1. Open the IJ Scan Utility by going to your Start Menu, then selecting All Programs, then Canon Utilities then IJ Scan Utility (folder), then IJ Scan Utility (Program).
2. Click on the Settings button at the bottom right of the window.
3. Click on the tab at the top of the window that looks like a pair of pliers and screwdriver, then select the General Settings option on the left side of the window.
4. In the Product Name field, please select the PIXMA MG3222, then click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
You will also want to specify the filename and file destination in the IJ Scan Utility; to do this, please follow these steps:
1. From within the IJ Scan Utility, click the Settings button and then the tab at the top of the window that looks like a disk drive with an arrow coming out of it.
2. In the Filename field of the Save Settings section of the window, enter the prefix or filename that you would like for your scanned image. By default, IMG is the prefix that will be added to your filename.
3. In the Save In field, select the folder location where you want the scan saved. By default, the My Documents folder is selected. If you want to select a different location, click the drop-down arrow and click the Add.. option to navigate to the folder location. When all setting are complete, please click the OK button to save the settings.
I hope this helps. If you still experience difficulty scanning, please click on the Contact Us link below for further assistance.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.
02-24-2014 10:39 PM
Im on Linux Mint 16 64 bit, and i am having the same problem. The printer installed fine under the printer section. It works well when printing. It wont show up as a scanning device. I have tried using simple-scan, and xsane. Both programs will not recognize the printer as a scanner. I just bought this today, and i was really excited about being able to scan things, but it wont work. I am connected via USB. Using driver "Canon MG3200 series Ver.3.80".
02-24-2014 11:57 PM - edited 02-24-2014 11:58 PM
Got it to work by installing "scangearmp-common-64_2.10-33~raring1_amd64.deb", and "scangearmp-mg3200series-64_2.10-33~raring1_amd64.
Then ran scangearmp in my terminal