iNet_forum_header_100112
Canon USA
New Contributor
cmgeorgia

Printer error message: UO43 ink not recognized

I have a pixma mx870 all-in-one printer.  I just replaced my ink cartridges using new genuine canon ink cartridges.  I am receiving an lcd error message: UO43 ink cartridge could not be recognized.  I tried unplugging the printer for 10 minutes.  Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Michael

Re: Printer error message: UO43 ink not recognized

Hello cmgeorgia.

We would like some additional information to try and resolve the error.    Please document which ink tank is mentioned in the error as unrecognized.

Next, please open the cover and wait for the tanks to stop at the center.   Once there, document the exact label of each ink tank from left to right.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fayjohnson

I am experiencing the same problem.  I took out the empty color cartridges because I only use it on black and threw them away.  I have put one of the large black cartridges 220 in the large space.  All I get is the error message UO43 and the alarm goes off   "Cartridge not recognized"  Very frustrating  HELP I HAVE NO PRINTER.  Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Karl1

Hi fayjohnson,

Unfortunately the pritner will not work in this manner.  Since the printer is considered a color printer and not a monochrome printer, it must have the color and black ink both.  If the printer detects that a color is in place of a black or vice versa it will give this error until you put in the appropriate ink tank.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fayjohnson

THE BLACK IS IN THE CORRECT SLOT.  iT IS JUST THAT THE COLOR TANKS ARE NO LONGER PRESENT.  aRE YOU SAYING THAT THERE HAVE TO BE COLOR TANKS IN THERE FOR THE BLACK TO WORK?  whAT A WASTE OF MONEY,

Please use plain text.