iNet_forum_header_100112
Canon USA
New Contributor
rabrams

My printer (Canon MP530) stopped working with an error message reading Check Cartridge u052.

My printer (Canon MP530) stopped  working with an error message  reading Check Cartridge u052.

What do I do?

Thank you for any help.

Robert Abrams

Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Ramona

Re: My printer (Canon MP530) stopped working with an error message reading Check Cartridge u052.

Hi Robert,

To try and resolve the U052 error on your PIXMA MP530, please remove the ink tanks and print head from the printer, then reseat them.  If you still experience the same issue, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the issue is still unresolved, unfortunately, the printer will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rabrams

My printer (Canon MP530) stopped working with an error message reading Check Cartridge u052.

My printer (Canon MP530) stopped  working with an error message  reading Check Cartridge u052.

What do I do?

Thank you for your reply and help.

Bob Abrams

How do I remove the printer head?

B.A.

Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Ramona

Re: My printer (Canon MP530) stopped working with an error message reading Check Cartridge u052.

Hi Robert,

To remove and reseat the ink tanks and print head in your PIXMA MP530, please follow the steps below.

Reseating the Print Head

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)

*MP800R shown

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

3. Open the inner cover.

4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

5. Raise the print head lock lever.

6. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

7. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

9. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

10.   Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
    <8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

Note: Click for Ink Tank Lamp indications.

11.   Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

Caution: When closing the scanning unit (printer cover), be careful not to jam fingers.

N
    ote: The next printing begins, the print head cleaning will begin automatically.

If you still experience the same error after removing and reseating the ink tanks and print head in the printer, it will require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
solutionsmp530

ME TOO.

Please use plain text.