iNet_forum_header_100112
Canon USA
New Contributor
aminmals

canon eos 60d dead only battery flashing

My canon eos 60d suddenly stopped working, battery was fully charged inly battery sign flashing i have recharged batteries and i have 2 of them but still the same i ramoved the memory card and lens but still does not start. it is only 9 months old

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
Samsen

Re: canon eos 60d dead only battery flashing

One other thing you may want to do is that after removing the battery, also remover the lithium battery wait for 1 minute and retry. If still not working, you probably having a circuit / switch failure problem. Don't wait any longer and since you are under warranty, send it immediately to the Canon's main repair center for what is needed.

Please use plain text.
Product Expert
Mike

Aminmals,

At this point, your EOS 60D will need service. To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
60dUser

[ Edited ]

same thing happened to my Canon 60D .. i was in a middle of photo shooting when it suddenly stopped.. i cleaned the contact terminals, changed the battery, removed the lens and card but still same empty battery icon blinking..  I bought it in Japan a year ago. ived been seeing this same issues on Canon DSLRs...btw iam a newbie,  i dont use my camera often i doubt if i reached 500 shots with my camera

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
60dUser

[ Edited ]

i brought my 60d  @ canon service center this day...they have to replace the mainboard but they cannot pinpoint what caused the error :smileysad:

Please use plain text.